INSTRUCTION VIDEO

THE GREATER GOOD

FRESH BREWING CO

We were approached by (S)WEAR Brand and Marketing Consultancy. They were working with THE GREATER GOOD FRESH BREWING CO and approached us about working on some instructional videos for their new website. (S)WEAR focus on brands and start-ups that make a positive impact. Weasel Creative loves start-ups and companies that are committed to positive impact and change. We’re also big fans of BEER and CIDER!

Due to the products continuing development there were challenges to overcome. Some of these challenges included managing CAD data, UV unwrapping, triangulated geometry and working within budgets to meet the balance of quality within the project time.

We were supplied with partially converted CAD data. However, there had been changes to the design so extra CAD was supplied for those additional parts. Cinema 4D can convert CAD but with limited options. We used a fantastic piece of software called Moments Of Inspiration or as it’s commonly referred to MOI.

So we now had converted files and everything looks great in the renders. However, we need to add textures to these models. Normally I would take the converted CAD data and remodel it in C4D. However there wasn't time in the budget and the model could possibly change. In this situation it just isn't practical to remodel so we had to find another solution. Luckily the text and logos were located all in areas that were forgiving which made the whole process easier.

The instruction video was split into 20 parts. Each part had different animations showing how to brew, condition, clean and purify. We had to find a solution for the ever-changing product that didn't mean going into each file and manually changing the parts or product. Our solution was simple: let's link the object to a master file. So we used Cinema 4D’s Xref file system which contained all the geometry and textures. If there were additional changes to the model it would auto update. It sounds small and insignificant but the difference would have meant days or weeks more work.

For any fluids we needed to find a much quicker solution than simulating them. So, we used Splines and Sweep objects in combination with Displacers to add secondary animation. Where this wasn't possible, we simulated the fluids using PBD Solver in X-Particles. Faking fluids and also using quick methods to simulate was essential to deliver this project on brief and on time. 

We used RedShift to render the project for its speed. We did any additional animation and editing in After Effects.

© Copyrights 2020, Weasel Creative. All rights reserved.